Sunday, September 6, 2009

Slow Loris.

Dear Mr. Harvey Fancy Paws,
I have been biding my time, waiting for either Charlie or Justin to write a blog before I could write another one. My gut tells me that I will be blogging more than those two. So obviously we have added another author. Consolidate the blogging effort.

Now. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a sugar problem. I found out from a doctor that sugar addiction is actually a diagnosable problem...one that I obviously have. If you know me at all, then you should be very proud to learn that I have not had sugar (excepting "evaporated cane juice" in my vanilla soy milk which I eat with cereal sweetened with sulfate free molasses) since Tuesday.


This doesn't mean I've been more healthy. On the contrary, I've been filling the sugar void with a LOT of food...most carbs. I might get fat, but at least I won't get diabetes.

In other news, I worked nine hours today at a chicken restaurant and pretended to be very nice to customers. I sat some very smelly boys and offered a little girl some crayons and a coloring sheet, to which she responded, "NO!"

Then I came home and ate a sugar free dinner and bothered Justin via AIM, which has become a regular past-time. I think in a previous life Justin was my older brother, since he is generally nice to me, though much of our interaction is me trying to get his attention and him tolerating it.

Also, I'm torn about the whole going to London thing? I've wanted to travel my whole life, and I want to do it while I'm young and whatnot. And the opportunities I would have as a student are far greater than those afforded to a tourist. But there is the money issue, and what I fear would turn out to be a very stressful situation, what with living abroad for an entire years, especially with my health issues. I don't know if anyone even reads this thing, but if you do, and you have thoughts on the matter, I love a second opinion.

Love you. Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Hey hannah! Random, I know, but coming from someone who is here in London now, and is short on money, you can definitely make it work, but you should be sure that you have at least like $2500 to start you off, and then enough from your parents or other sources for at least like eight hundred pounds a month to cover rent and other stuff, especially if you want to do any travelling. I won't be doing any, but I definitely would if I had the cash. Hope this helps!

    PS: my blog is icdirector11.tumblr.com if you three are interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hannah,

    I know we don't talk often but I stumbled across your blog and thought that I would comment.

    2 Points:

    1. As someone with Diabetes, I would suggest that you stay away from heavy carbs. To the contrary to many beliefs, diabetes is not a "Sugar disease." Yes, it is important to limit your sugar intake but also to watch out for heavy carb loading which leads to heavy strain on the pancreas,c ausing diabetes. In other words, a balanced diet is always best.

    2. As someone who has studied abroad in London, I would fully support saving up money to go. You won't believe the incredible experience you would have living in Europe. And from London, you can go anywhere for really cheap flying on flights from easyjet.com and ryanair.com (check those sites out! they offer free flights!) This is the perfect age to really do all the traveling you want.

    Hope this helps!

    -Nikki
    http://nikkilegaux.tk

    ReplyDelete